Orangeville Police Services Board Job Opportunity
Orangeville Police Services Board Secretary
One-Year Contract Position
Part-time, Flexible Hours
The Orangeville Police Services Board (OPSB) is the civilian oversight body that is responsible for providing adequate and effective police services in Orangeville and is seeking to hire a part-time Police Service Board Secretary for a one-year contract (12 months).
- Co-ordinates the OPSB monthly meetings including agenda preparation and delivery, posting to the website, co-ordinating delegations, notifying stakeholders, reporting and tracking outstanding matters. Attends all OPSB meetings, records and prepares the meeting minutes.
- Maintains the OPSB records as per the records management by-law. Co-ordinates and processes Freedom of Information (FOI) requests in relation to the OPSB. Completes and files the FOI annual report.
- Maintains the OPSB webpage in conjunction with the Orangeville Police Service (OPS).
- Responds to general enquiries relating to the OPSB and liaises with OPS and Town of Orangeville staff as required.
- Prepares correspondence under the direction of the Board and provides follow up if required.
- Prepares quarterly reports for the Ontario Association of Police Service Boards Zone 5 meetings.
- Organizes and co-ordinates meetings and special events in consultation with the Chair.
- Arranges Board-approved member attendance at events and conferences.
- Prepares and co-ordinates notices or advertisements in the local media.
- Monitors OPSB budget, codes invoices for the signature of the Chair.
- Provides payroll related information to the Town of Orangeville as it relates to remuneration for the OPSB members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Graduate with preference given to those candidates with a diploma in Public Administration, Office Administration or legal related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Police Services Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act preferred.
- Completion of, or willingness to complete online training relating to Parliamentary Procedures.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive, related and demonstrated work experience.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks, work with a high degree of accuracy and to complete work within time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, minute taking, priority setting and records retention skills with the ability to respect confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- May be required to travel for meetings and training.
- Availability to attend meetings and events, during the day, in the evenings and on weekends.
- An honourarium of $1,250 per month plus an additional $100 for preparation, attendance and minute taking relating to any special OPSB/Committee meetings.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a police background check which would be facilitated by the Orangeville Police Services.
Qualified candidates may apply online, in confidence, no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, February 21, 2020. To apply, visit https://orangeville.applicantstack.com/x/openings. For more information, visit https://www.orangevillepolice.ca/board/.
Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for the Orangeville Police Services Board Secretary position. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.