Hiring of Deputy Chief

The Orangeville Police Services Board is pleased to announce the hiring of Deputy Chief Leah Gilfoy.  Deputy Chief Gilfoy will commence employment with the Orangeville Police Service on February 26, 2018.

A local resident in the Orangeville area, Deputy Chief Gilfoy comes to us from the Toronto Police Service where she has worked in a number of areas, including Uniform Operations, Drugs, Criminal Investigations, Major Crime, Risk Management and Administrative Organizational Development.

Deputy Chief Gilfoy is recognized for her leadership influences in managing risk as an investigator with the Professional Standards – Criminal Investigations Unit, the daily administration of the uniform branch of the Service as the Executive Officer to the Staff Superintendent of Area Field Command, and the Crime Manager overseeing all divisional criminal investigations in the northwest portion of the city.

Deputy Chief Gilfoy holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from McMaster University, and an Honours Human Resources Management Diploma from Humber College.  She has completed the F.B.I. LEEDA program for Supervisory Leadership, Command Leadership and Executive Leadership.  Deputy Chief Gilfoy has completed the Ontario Police College Influential Police Leadership course as well as the Toronto Police Advanced Leadership course.  Deputy Chief Gilfoy is a provincially accredited criminal investigator with an extensive array of internal and external investigative courses.

Deputy Chief Gilfoy is the recipient of the F.B.I. LEEDA Trilogy Award and Central Field Command Achievement Award for Outstanding Service.  She has received the Peace Officer Exemplary Police Service Medal from the office of the Governor General and two Firearm Achievement Awards.

Deputy Chief Gilfoy is community focused and has presented and participated in Crime Management Committees, Town Hall meetings, Community Police Liaison Committees, Business Association and local community meetings.

“I am extremely pleased with the Police Services Board selection of Deputy Chief Leah Gilfoy.  She brings superior leadership qualities, outstanding ethics and a level of experience that the public have come to expect from their Orangeville Police Service.  I look forward in our joint approach of being focused on our community”, said Chief Kalinski.

“The Board is very proud to be presenting Deputy Chief Gilfoy to the community.  She has had an exceptional policing career.  We are confident that the residents of Orangeville will be proud of our selection, as we move forward being “Community Focused” and enhancing our community policing philosophy for the residents of Orangeville”, stated Ken Krakar, Chair of the Orangeville Police Services Board.

We invite everyone in the community to join the Orangeville Police Services Board on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. in the Board Room, 390 C Line to meet and welcome our new Deputy Chief!  Refreshments will be served.

Posted on January 22, 2018